11 June 2009

Tuition

I love my job. I make lots of money. But the big bucks come at the expense of my personal time. I want to earn more money so that I can have a higher spending power, but the fact is, I actually have less time to spend those money that I've earned.

I've got CDs to buy. I've go clothes to buy. I want to club. I have yet to watch X-Men: Wolverine, Terminator 4 and Angels and Demon. I want to go sing karaoke.

Ironically, I've got no time.

Every outing that I plan or intend to attend involves the tedious process of reallocating my lessons to another time slot. Immense coordination with up to 3 parties are required. The mere thought of it is enough to dissuade me from having too many personal activities.

As of now, all my Sundays are devoted to work. And I foresee that such schedule will carry on into my uni days, or even until after my uni days.

It's all for the cash.

Am I happy, you may ask. I've got no time for shopping and movies and clubbing, but the trade-off is that I derive satisfaction from clearing the doubts that my students have on the subject. Had I have more time for myself, the opportunity cost would be that I cannot help others and yet obtain tht sense of achievement at the same time.

Tuition-giving is more than just making money. It's a derivative of community service. You are educating the younger generation, you are spreading your knowledge, you nuture people academically. Except that you are paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home