20 June 2009

Combined Rehearsal 1 @ Floating Platform

I dreaded my involvement in NDP'09 initially. Then, it was all about burning your precious weekends on military-related activity. I could have given tuition, I could have went out on a movie date, I could have went to sing K with my friends.

Now, it seems that my role in NDP'09 is probably the best job ever. No physical labour involved (Okay, perhaps a little, considering the fact that I had to run up and down the steps on the grandstand to record the rehearsal using two different video-cams set up at two different locations. ), no need to endure sarcastic comments from a sergeant major, nothing that involves much planning and coordination (though sometimes I have to take note of the timings for several concurrent events), no higher-ranking personnel beside me to nag/supervise/keep an eye on me. Plus, I get an exclusive sneak preview of the show.

And this role provides me a temporary getaway from the strained platoon and a much-welcomed relief from the unwelcomed platoon commander and his antics.

I am loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home