18 May 2005

50 Things You Need To Know/ Would Like To Know About My Class

Firstly, "class" is defined as "classroom" and "classmates".

Okay, here we go:

1. My classroom reeks. Of orange. Of steamed buns. Of perspiration. Of anything else under the sun that you can think of.

2. If cleanliness of a classroom can be graded on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the dirtiest and 10 being sparkling clean, my classroom would certainly and without a doubt obtain a score of -4.

3. My class has 36 pupils.

4. I have 35 classmates.

5. Our earliest day ends at 1330 on Wednesdays. Which is why I can blog this entry at this time.

6. Our longest day ends at 1520.

7. Our timetable usually changes every term.

8. Each period of lesson is 40 minutes long.

9. Maths has 7 periods of lessons weekly. In comparison, each of the Science subjects only has 4.

10. We have Chinese lessons every day. And Maths falls into this category as well.

11. Our desks are arranged into three columns of two.

12. We have lockers at the back of the classroom for our use. But we hardly use them and instead, we just conveniently dispose our belongings into the wooden cupboards located right in front of the classroom.

13. Half of the cupboard is now filled with heaps of old newspapers.

14. The paint of our classroom is peeling off, some of the wires from the interior of the ceiling fan are exposed, and cables (with dust) extending themselves from the computers are tangled together and are not well-tuck, thus posing a threat to our safety. This is exactly the state of our pathetic classroom

15. Hazardous would be the best adjective to describe our classroom aptly.

16. After all, our classroom is nearly 80 years old.

17. In case you didnt know, our classroom is actually part of the 43rd national monument of Singapore.

Enough of the physical environment. Let;s move on to the characters in this classroom:

18. Nobody does their duty. Except Tong Yuan. And occasionally, Yang Shun and me. And no, Jie Xun and Juan Boon, I don't consider cleaning the white board as part of "duty".

19. The official game of my class used to be RISK. Now, it's Bridge.

20. 35 out of the 36 of us wear spectacles. (Correct me if I am wrong!)

21. The one with "perfect vision" is none other than Mitchell.

22. Ronald's white-framed spectacles looks comical on him.

23. A lot of us are wearing braces. I don't have the exact figures though.

24. Kay Siong, Tong Yuan, Khang Chiang and Vincent always bring food to class to curb their hunger pangs.

25. Jie Xun LOVES to eat Da Bao (Big Bun) during recess.

26. The entire Class Commitee is made up of St John Ambulance Brigade members.

27. I am proud to say that I am one of the them. In case you still didnt know, I was elected to be the class monitor.

28. Not that I am proud of being one though....

29. The class is pretty much segregated. You can easily spot distinct groups that are formed. Basically we have 3 groups.

30. Group 1: SJAB group, consists of Kay Siong, Ming Wei, Jie Xun, Kai Herng, Minghao and myself.

31. Group 2: either known as the "Jin1 Yong1 Gang" or the "2B Gang": Kenneth, Jing Kang, Juan Boon, Yang Shun, David, Kai Ern, Minghao, Yao Yang, and occasionally Jung Hiong, Wai Chung and Tsiat Siong. Well, not all of them were from class 2B...

32. Group 3: Yun Song, Shiu Yuen, Ming Wei, Ricky, Chern Wei, Samuel, Mitchell, Chris Seah, Soon Huat, Ronald and occasionally Khang Chiang, Willis and Tong Yuan.

33. Bao He and Ning Jun are a "couple".. coughs* coughs*, nothing sexual here. Just that they hang out pretty often together.

34. Bao Chen, Wei Xin, Vincent and Adrian belongs to the "No Man's Land"

35. I don't know where to put Zhao Lin, he seems to be able to mix quite well.

36. "Scheming" ones (in my opinion): Ricky, Kai Herng, Kay Siong and me!

37. Scheming ones (in my opinion): Minghao and Adrian

38. The "Biologists": Minghao, Tong Yuan and Yun Song

39. The "Physicists": Ning Jun and Bao Chen

40. The "Mathematicans": Wei Xin and Zhao Lin

41. The "Chemists": Too many to lists. Plus, there's no "outstanding" one for me to name. All are pretty equal in terms of Chemistry.

42. "All-rounder": Kai Herng

43. Chris Seah, I miss your old spectacles.

44. "Muggers": Minghao, Adrian, Kai Herng, Wei Xin.

45. Mr Kiasu: Adrian, Vincent, Wei Xin, Minghao, Jung Hiong.

46. Mr Nice Guy: Tong Yuan

47. Our class strongest subject: Mathematics

48. Our class weakest subject: Chinese language (even though in terms of grades, our Chinese seems reasonably good, but in terms of real-life spoken and written Chinese, on the whole my class sucks at that.)

49. Our class has done amazingly well in projects and many of us enjoy a very high post in their respective uniformed-groups.

50. Overall, I think 4A is pretty fun and diverse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home